Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mixology



Sorry for the bad quality picture!

What’s better than a sexy, scrumptious martini after a long, tiring day?? A sexy, scrumptious martini mixed by your husband! Ain’t I a lucky girl..my man knows his drinks! I had gifted my then fiancé a stylish cocktail mixer from Sur La Table. However, he never got a chance to flaunt his mixology skills until recently. My hubby dear mixed up a delicious pomegranate martini for me and it deserves a special place on this blog! This martini was just perfect - not to sweet yet not too dry. Don't judge the color by the picture - the lighting was horrible when I clicked it.

Pomegranate Martini

Ingredients:
3 parts pomegranate juice
1 part vodka
½ part of orange liqueur
½ part gin (optional)
Splash of lemon juice
A handful of pomegranate seeds
Salt and sugar
Crushed ice

  • Keep the martini glasses in the freezer for 20-30 minutes - keeps your martini chilled. 
  • Mix some salt and sugar (most people use salt only but the sugar tastes great with the pomegranate) and dip the glass rims in it. Put a few pomegranate seeds at the bottom of the glass.
  • Fill up the cocktail mixer half way with crushed ice and add the pomegranate juice, vodka, orange liqueur, gin, a splash of lemon juice and a few pomegranate seeds. My husband made one with gin and one without and I liked the one without better.
  • Shake, shake, shake and pour into your glass.

Drown in the ecstasy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...